[cvsnt] Location of backups

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed May 9 12:58:40 BST 2007

Mehmet Batmaz wrote:

> I am trying to locate the area on our CVS server where the backed-up
> documents reside? Where can I find this?

The one who set up the repository should know :)

Seriously, there's a place where the repo roots as used in the CVSROOT
connection string get mapped to local filesystem paths. On Windows it's in
the cvsnt control panel, on *ix I think it's somewhere in /etc.

Depending on what you mean with "backed-up" this may be what you want or
not. If you're talking about some backup of the repository (rather than the
repository location), then this is not your answer -- and you're not likely
to get it here.

Gerhard