[cvsnt] DNS alias using SSPI but no write access

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Thu May 17 00:46:28 BST 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007 12:32:34 +1000, Arthur Barrett wrote:

> Check the advanced tab on the server cvsnt control panel for "allow
> clients to trace server".  Ensure it is DISABLED, then from a client do:
> cvs -ttt tag testtag file.txt
>
> This should create a long trace and no lines should be prefixed with S
> for server.
>
> Now go back to the server and set "allow clients to trace server" to
> ENABLED and re-run the test, now some lines should be prefixed with "S"
> - send the two full traces to me directly (the list wont accept them)
> and I'll see if anything stands out - ut I agree with Tony's comments -
> that message comes from CVSNT server and means that the server is in
> read-only mode.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the offer of help. The oddest thing happened this morning. The
DNS alias started working. I hadn't made any changes since yesterday and
the IT guy said he didn't change anything but it all seems to be happy.
Maybe it was some kind of propagation thing.

I'll post if problems crop back up.

Rick