[cvsnt] Query

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon May 21 18:05:17 BST 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007 07:32:07 +1000, "Brian Post" <bpost at 80-20.com>
wrote:

>Soory, couldn't find the original to link this too.
>
>Bo, Wasn't the recommended way to upgrade a server was to create the
>repository with the new server control panel applet, then port your old
>scripts accross. Or should you create aanother repository to get the new
>files?

The OP did not ask for an upgrade, simply to move from one Windows
machine to another the complete respository and server.
I figured the easiest way would be to use the existing software
versions including CVSNT and then just move the whole file tree over.
Thus there would be no new CVSROOT files to worry about.

If he wants to upgrade later then he can do that in the usual ways.

So that is why I wrote the somewhat unconventional step sequence....

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)