[cvsnt] Problem with cvs on WinVista, instalation, cvs diff strange behaviour...

Petr Prikryl PrikrylP at skil.cz
Wed May 23 08:06:18 BST 2007

Hallo Arthur,

> > I tried to install the CVSNT 2.5.04.2471 from the package
> > cvsnt-server-2.5.04.2471.msi on Windows Vista. The problem
> > is that the CVSNT Control Panel does not work.
>
> Please provide a bitmap of the error message.
> "does not work" really doesn't help us diagnose it.

The computer is now with colleague of mine -- not present
physically near myself. However, we are in close contact.
Anyway, some details may be slightly distorted when retyping
the observed behaviour.

Firstly, the cvsnt service and cvsntlock service are running.
When trying to start CVSNT Control Panel, the window with the
following information appears. (It seems that it is not that
easy to capture the bitmap of the window. We tried simple
Print Screen and also FastStone Capture. But the window
(the related code) probably somehow block a lot of other
actions, including mouse outside of the window and shortcut
keys (even some communication with the network as Skype
starts to signal that the user is not present even though
we are speaking each other). So, the transcription of the
window follows:

Title: User account control
Bold text: Windows needs your permission to continue.
Normal text: If you started this action, continue.
             Run a legacy CPL elevated
             Microsoft Windows
Details: "C:\Windows\System32\RunLegacyCPLElevated.exe"
         Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\CVSNT
Tools\cvsnt.cpl",

Then buttons: [Continue][Cancel]
User account control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer.

After pressing [Continue] the window disappears
and nothing happens. The Task Manager does not show
any application related to CVSNT Control Panel.

What should I try next?

Thanks,
  Petr