[cvsnt] Behaviour on laptop disconnected from network

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu May 24 15:01:57 BST 2007

Alpheratz,

If update and status work but commit doesn't it may be the lock server
that is causing the problem.  I am ALWAYS switching between different
networks and working on planes and I've never seen this.

Connect to the network, go to your sandbox and do: cvs status -ql and
check it all works. Then disconnect from the network and try again.  If
not OK then do cvs -ttt status -ql and check to see if there are useful
messages in the log.

If the status works ok, try a commit.  If that fails do the cvs -ttt
commit and check the log...

You can also run the cvslock.exe process in debug mode (interactively)
with cvslock -d (I think).

Regards,

Arthur