[cvsnt] Cannot change permissions on temporary directory

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 04:34:26 GMT 2007

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.399.1193876344.24527.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...

>The mode is on the revision, it's labelled "permissions" eg: permissions
>666;.
>
>Very annoyingly I just discovered it doesn't appear in the rlog output
>(I thought it did, but I just tested it and it doesn't).  So you'll need
>to look in the RCS file itself for something like this:
>
>1.12.48.1
>date 2005.04.27.08.37.47; author Barrett Arthur; state Exp;
>branches;
>next ;
>deltatype text;
>kopt kv;
>permissions 666;
>commitid e9cc426f4ebc54c9;
>filename quasar_prod.asn;
>

>A permission of 666 or 777 is ok, but anything that removes the write
>bit for the owner is bad, eg: 001 or 060 - his is a unix style mode
>octal "string":
>    Owner group  world
>    rwx   rwx    rwx

Given that my issue isn't occuring on any one particular file, it was hard
to know which to check.  But I took a random sample of half a dozen files
and saw that they all have Permissions 666 set.

I can't even check out a project when logged in as Thomas, let alone any
individual file.

Any other ideas what / where else I can look?

Thanks!

Eric