[cvsnt] Lockserver Issue

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 2 01:32:08 GMT 2007

Gerard,

> I have downloaded and installed Tortoise on a third client.
.
.
> cvs diff: connect to 127.0.0.1(127.0.0.1):2402 failed: No
> connection could
> be made because the target machine actively refused it.
> cvs [diff aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

You are using the :local: protocol - which is for (internal cvs)
developers only.  Your CVS server needs to run as a server and your
clients need to connect using :sspi: or :pserver: protocols.  Using
repository.

The "cvsroot" should be like:
:sspi:nw-syd1:/vol1/home/minet/cvsroot
Or
:pserver:user at nw-syd1:/vol1/home/minet/cvsroot

Note: just because your repository physically resides at
/vol1/home/minet/cvsroot does not mean that is the correct "logical"
name - you'll need to check.

If it's been some time since you upgraded the server then it would be
worthwhile doing that too, the current version is 2.5.03.2382:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/

Regards,

Arthur Barrett