[cvsnt] Running "loginfo" processes with credentials of theuserdoing aCVS commit?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Nov 7 23:57:01 GMT 2007

Mike,

Just following on from Glens excellent comments.

> A pseudo code listing of the script of the sequence follows:
>     Set oXmlHttp = CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")
>     oXmlHttp.Open "GET", "http://xxxxxxx", XmlHttp_Synchronous
>     oXmlHttp.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml;
> charset=utf-8"
>     oXmlHttp.SetAutoLogonPolicy XmlHttp_AutoLogonPolicy_Always
> <--enables credentials
>     oXmlHttp.send

It's an interesting problem - a bit of a deficiency in the current
trigger API that you can't really write a trigger that hooks into the
credentials in any way.  There'd be a few security concerns to
overcome....  Technically I think it'd be quite straightforward
(depending on the implementation chosen) - but with Tony, Glen and My
own current workloads it's only going to happen if someone else
contributes it or if a customer requests (and pays for) it.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett