[cvsnt] Corrupted kopt values

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 9 21:11:15 GMT 2007

Steve,

> Just installed wincvs yesterday evening  version 2.0.2.4 Build 4

Check which CVSNT client is included - from memory it's the (very old
2.0.58).

> CVSNT server portion is CVSNT 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1976

Please upgrade 2.5.03.2382 on both client and server.

This problem was reported on and off up until build 2151, but not since.
I don't believe I was ever sent a test set so I'm not really sure what
caused it, but I think it was when a client specified -k optoins during
an import which was overhauled before 2.5.03.2382.

Given that I think your RCS files are corrupt beyond the ability of the
tool to repair - you can try correcting them manually however be sure
you keep unmodified backups for a very long time.

Also - enabling "ignore client side k options"  on the server
compatibility panel prevents clients sending rubbish to the server and
is generally a better way to set up a CVSNT server anyway (so the
.extenstions automatically map to the correct filetypes).

Regards,

Arthur Barrett