[cvsnt] Vendor import in existing module?

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Wed Nov 14 09:02:47 GMT 2007

Hello World,

I have a module that is actively used. Now we decided to use a third
party component. We have the source code of that component and want it
to include into the existing module.
I have read the chapter 14 about third party tools and have seen that an
import is needed.

My question: Can I make this import as part of the module? As far as I
understand CVSNT, this is not possible...
Another option would be to import the third party source as a module of
its own and then make this module an ampersand module in the existing
one. But there is the problem that it won't appear in a update, but only
in a checkout so all developers have to make a fresh checkout.

Does anyone know a possibility how I can have this source as
subdirectory in an existing module and use the standard tracking
mechanism of of third party source of CVSNT?

TIA and best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch