[cvsnt] Editing CVSNT archive to correct corrutpion?

Matthew Rich mbrich2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 19:24:54 GMT 2007

I originally sent this to the CVS info list but since they tell me CVSNT has different (extended) repository format. I'm posting this here.

I'm getting this error when tring to get a log on this file:

cvs server: warning: duplicate key `log' in version `1.11.2.9' of RCS file `/Root/Products/SelfServiceRetrieve/Web/Client/QuickSearch.aspx.cs,v'
cvs server:              warning: duplicate key `text' in version `1.11.2.9' of RCS file `\Root/Products/SelfServiceRetrieve/Web/Client/QuickSearch.aspx.cs,v'
cvs server:              warning: duplicate key `text' in version `1.11.2.9' of RCS file `\Root/Products/SelfServiceRetrieve/Web/Client/QuickSearch.aspx.cs,v'
cvs [server aborted]: Movable pointer not within rcs buffer - aborting
Error, CVS operation failed

I have had this error in the past but it has happened on new files and thus rebuilding them was not a big deal.
It there a way to edit the archive to fix this?  I have been able to look at the archive using wordpad\textpad but I can see nothing that jump out as an error.  I can checkout any revision including the one mentioned in the error.

Also since the version 1.11.2.9 is mentioned, would the problem be located in that version?
If this is the version causing the problem it is old (early 06) and it would be a big effort to rebuild the archive.

Thanks