[cvsnt] "Out of memory" while commiting

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Sep 6 18:42:21 BST 2007

Bruno,

> I found this test release 2.5.03.2704 (RC1). Does this
> release include
> your patches ?

Yes, but it has several other major bugs, it's why we didn't release
it...

The *best* solution is to move the CVSNT server to another platform
(preferably a 64 bit one, though in theory this problem would not occur
on 32 bit Red Hat ES 4 Linux), the error is in 32 bit windows and
anything we or you do is just trying to patch/work around that bug.  The
patches we've made are for our commercial customers since we had not
adequately informed them of this limitation prior to commencement of
support.

We will make at leat one of the patches (the most successful) available
in 2.5.04, but unfortunately that keeps getting delayed due to a handful
of bugs...  Realistically though it should be available in open source
form in 4-6 weeks.  If not we'll have to reconsider releasing another
2.5.03 release.

Regards,

Arthur