[cvsnt] Commit notifications via email

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Sep 7 15:53:26 BST 2007

Neil D. Hoskins wrote:

> CVS-Mailer is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but I was just seeing if
> there was anything a little less tricky to configure.

I don't think there is, unless you feel the built-in mailing feature does
what you need.

For any external mailer, you need the correct trigger script entry, you
need to somehow get the commit-related content into the emails, and you
need to get the email addresses from somewhere. I don't think there's much
more than this to configure with CVSMailer -- and there won't be less than
that with other solutions. Plus the instructions are good.

Gerhard