[cvsnt] Reg: Problem in checkout

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat Sep 15 18:03:09 BST 2007

Shivendra_Vishal wrote:

> When the AclMode in CVSROOT\config file is set to normal the user is not
> able to checkout the files to the client though the user is given
> read,write and tag access through the chacl command. CVS is throwing the
> error :
>
> cvs checkout: cwd=d:\Branch ,current=d:\Branch
> cvs server: User user1 cannot read
>
> When I'm changing the AclMode to compat checkout is working properly
> however when the user restricted using chacl the restriction dosen't
> applies and user can perform anything like read,write,tagging ..etc
> which is not desirable. Please help me out to resolve this issue in
> windows 2003 server environment.

I don't know what exactly your problem is, but from the description it
seems that you aren't applying the ACLs you are thinking you are applying.

Compatibility mode means that all users have full access by default, normal
mode means that no normal user has any access by default. That explains
your results, and the ACLs didn't become effective.

It seems there's something wrong with the user setup.

Gerhard