[cvsnt] Can no no longer connect to CVSNT from unix clients

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat Sep 22 17:29:05 BST 2007

Tony Hoyle wrote:

>> Can pserver (or any protocol) be installed on the server but not
>> running? I didn't notice a "disable" option anywhere for pserver.
>
> Yes you can disable it (and any protocol) in the control panel.

You're right... I must have remembered something wrongly.

> 'cvs info' can tell you what's running.

Make sure you use 'cvs info -s' (and run it on the server), or else you get
what's installed, not what's running. Or use 'cvs info -r server' (works
also from a remote client, but isn't as specific about the protocols).

FWIW, the output of 'cvs info' could be a bit more specific, maybe
'Available protocols as client' or so.

Gerhard