[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 Extremly slow on Vista

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Sep 30 23:32:50 BST 2007

Anders,

> * I've disabled my virusscan for the CVS repository and all "Project"
> directories"
> * Running
> C:\Projects\PicProj\ISO2\user>"C:\Program
> Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" -ttt
> update -p -r 1.21 user.c
> gives a quick log and then the 1,21 version is printed to
> screen which takes
> about two minutes!!!!

Is the server the same PC as the client?  If not then the disk has very
little to do here, since the -p directs the output to stdout.  Check the
location of "temp" for virus scanning, and if not it looks like a
network connectivity issue, you could try disabling the firewall on the
client to see if that affects it...

There is a list floating around about how to diagnose performance
problems.  We've used the command line client on Vista here a lot over
the past year or so and I can't remember seeing any particularly poor
performance...

Regards,

Arthur