[cvsnt] question about automatic check-out

Dries Feys dries.feys at tvh.be
Wed Apr 2 11:23:12 BST 2008

Hello,

I've just configured the automatic check-out plugin, which works fine for
what it says it does : it automatically check outs the entire module to a
given directory. Now is the fact that our main module is huge (several
thousand of files in several hundred directories), what makes it
impossible to commit a file : you have to wait a few minutes before the
checkout is done.
Is there a way to configure the shadow file that it only check-outs the
files which were committed at that time. I can schedule a complete
checkout from time to time, but don't want our developers to be stuck
while waiting until everything is updated. I'm thinking on the %{s}
properties which can be used in the loginfo-files and others.

If this isn't possible : is there another way to check-out immediately the
committed files? We do a compile straight after the commit, and we must be
sure the new version is used.

We're on 2.5.03.2382 win32

TIA!

Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement, Regards,

DRIES FEYS
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Senior Software Engineer
**** DISCLAIMER ****
<A HREF="http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html">
http://www.tvh.be/newen/pages/emaildisclaimer.html </A>

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."