[cvsnt] Betr.: Re: Betr.: Re: get a previous revision

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Apr 11 16:53:47 BST 2008

Jan Keirse wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback. I'm aware of all the wonderfull things about
> taging, branching,...
> But the jobs are really tiny entity's of work (in the development branch),
> everytime a developer wants to commit anything (like 30 times a day) he
> has to create a job. So it would be a bit like tagging every commit.
> Probably a job matches a commitId (although I haven't looked into
> commitId's yet).
> Anything that's committed is automatically immediately compiled and
> query's are automatically checked for proper index usage.

Each commit does have a unique commit ID, and you can use those to
rollback changes.  Also, you may want to look at the changeset features
(e.g. cvs ci -B 123 ...) and will allow you to group changes over
multiple commits and manage them as a single unit.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/