[cvsnt] Cvs rlog fails accessing openssl.org repository

Matt Seitz (matseitz) matseitz at cisco.com
Mon Apr 14 21:03:05 BST 2008

> From: Arthur Barrett [mailto:arthur.barrett at march-hare.com]
>
> Actually from the trace it looks like it will use :ext: by
> default - which means that it is likely a problem with your
> external ssh client.

My default SSH client is "AttachmateWRQ Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS Version 14.0".  Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot my client?

> I just tried this command and it works fine from my PC:
> cvs -d :ssh:anonymous at cvs.openssl.org:/openssl-cvs rlog
> openssl/LICENSE

That works for me, too.  However, there is a confusing message displayed first.  It looks like it's designed for the PuTTY GUI, not command-line.  It's not obvious how to select "Yes", "No", or "Cancel" from the keyboard (I guessed "n" for "No", and that seems to work):

>cvs -d :ssh:anonymous at cvs.openssl.org:/openssl-cvs rlog openssl/LICENSE
The server's host key is not cached in the registry. You
have no guarantee that the server is the computer you
think it is.
The server's key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 55:c1:16:04:82:09:3a:ac:88:14:27:3f:46:7c:25:e4
If you trust this host, hit Yes to add the key to
PuTTY's cache and carry on connecting.
If you want to carry on connecting just once, without
adding the key to the cache, hit No.
If you do not trust this host, hit Cancel to abandon the
connection.