[cvsnt] how to change password - rejected access

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Apr 25 14:03:00 BST 2008

Anilal KG,

> How can I change the passwd of my cvsuser id, sitting in my
> client/remote machine.(windows XP).
.
.
> E:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS>set cvsroot=:sspi:10.222.46.64:/TESTREPO

You don't.

SSPI uses the user/password you logged into windows with.  You should
also (almost) never use "cvs login" with SSPI.

Just use "cvs logout" then everything will work magically and never
login or specify a password again because your local windows client
passes the token from your session to the server for authentication.

Regards,

Arthur