[cvsnt] Migrating from CVSNT to Subversion

Bryce Schober bryce.schober at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 16:28:11 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 7:05 AM, David Förster <david.foerster at andrena.de>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a bit surprised this is not covered in the faq: Is there any way to
> convert a CVSNT repository to Subversion?
>
> The common tool for CVS migration cvs2svn doesn't work for me and
> explicitely
> states that it does not support CVSNT.

I've had better luck with polarion's svn-importer, regarding file re-naming
that I've done. It does have a problem with file creation on branches, and
how CVSNT marks them as "deleted" on the trunk at the same time they're
added on the branch. I've done some experiments with modifying the ,v files
to remove that one "deleted" mark, and it seems to be fine. So I'll probably
be writing a perl script to pre-process a copy of my ,v files to strip out
that deletion mark, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

--
Bryce Schober