[cvsnt] CVSNT :ext: BUG?

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon Aug 18 20:21:06 BST 2008

Guilherme Balena Versiani wrote:
>    Indeed, there was a reason to use it: my SSH server does not run on
>    port 22. AFAIK, there is no way to pass this parameter to CVSNT when
>    using ":ssh:". But this is not the case, as I was able to connect to
>    the SSH server by using _ANY_ SSH client.

c:\My_Documents>cvs info ssh
Name:               ssh
Version:            ssh 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 3145 (RC 4)
Syntax:
:ssh[;keyword=value...]:[username[:password]@]host[:port][:]
/path
   Username:         Optional
   Password:         Optional
   Hostname:         Required
   Port:             Optional

Also FYI, "vanilla" CVS does not support features such as Audit, Issue
tracking, etc. etc. which require access to the PServer file.

If the documentation is out of date, please take the initiative to
correct it.  Generally the installers take care of setting the
permissions on the PServer but apparently you didn't do it in this way.

This is an Open Source project -- if there are issues, you can fix them
for benefit of the community.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America