[cvsnt] Compiling CVSNT, just which Platform SDK is required?

Sprow webpages at sprow.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 07:55:28 BST 2008

Hi folks,
I've been trying to compile CVSNT on Windows and seem to be flip flopping
between a handful of errors (that appear to be Platform SDK related) and
over 100 errors (when changing to a newer Platform SDK).

Checked out cvsnt-2.5.03.2382.
Checked out cvsdeps (head) & pointed CVSDEPS at it.

Tried
  Microsoft Visual C++ .NET   69459-006-2660241-18279
  Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 (KB918007)
  ...on two machines

Tried
  Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
  Version 8.0.50727.762  (SP.050727-7600)
  Microsoft .NET Framework
  Version 2.0.50727 SP1
  Installed Edition: VC Express
  Microsoft Visual C++ 2005   76542-000-0000011-00125
  Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
  ...on one machine

Initially on opening the solution I get "Cannot open
\lockservice\lockservice.vcproj", there is "cvslock.vcproj" in that
directory though.

Platform SDK = Windows Server 2003 R2
 Aside from cvsapi and cvsservice this completes with a number of warnings.
 Projects cvsapi and cvsservice seem to have incompatible structure and
 function definitions with a few bits in the Platform SDK, and indeed one of
 them has a comment above it saying if that line faults the SDK is out of
 date.
 The missing lib that should result leads to some later errors carried
 forward.

3 questions
 - I wouldn't expect to need to rename vcproj files to get it to work.
   Does the version in CVS actually build? The reason for choosing this
   version is that I have a binary (from Tortoise CVS client) that includes
   it in its install.
 - Is this the right SDK? The notes in "CompileOnWindows.txt" suggest so but
   they could be out of date.
 - Has anyone else got it to compile under either of these versions of Visual
   Studio?

I only want to make a 1 line change, and would greatly appreciate any
pointers,
Sprow.