[cvsnt] cvs init problem

Tom Halliley J.T.Halliley at Flagstar.com
Fri Dec 5 14:10:10 GMT 2008

If I start with an empty repository, I get this:

    bash-3.00$ cvsnt -f  -d `pwd`/CVS_REPO init
    cvsnt init: Unable to register repository.
    cvsnt init: Your login may not have sufficient permissions to modify the
    cvsnt init: global server settings.

If I start with an empty repository, add CVSROOT/admin (with appropriate
user name therein), I get the same thing:

    bash-3.00$ cvsnt -f  -d `pwd`/CVS_REPO init
    cvsnt init: Unable to register repository.
    cvsnt init: Your login may not have sufficient permissions to modify the
    cvsnt init: global server settings.

If I create a repository via vanilla cvs then try to force a cvsnt init, I
get this:

    bash-3.00$ cvsnt -f  -d `pwd`/CVS_REPO init
    cvsnt [init aborted]: Repository at /export/local/home/toolsadm/CVS_REPO
already exists.

If I start with an empty repository and try to use pserver to do an init, I
get this:

    bash-3.00$ cvsnt -f  -d :pserver:toolsadm at source2:`pwd`/CVS_REPO init
    cvsnt [init aborted]: cvsnt [server aborted]: Cannot access
/export/local/home/toolsadm/CVS_REPO/CVSROOT: No such file or directory

    -- of course it's empty ... I'm trying to do an init !

If I add CVSROOT/admin only and try to use pserver, I get this:

    bash-3.00$ cvsnt -f  -d :pserver:toolsadm at source2:`pwd`/CVS_REPO init
    cvsnt [server aborted]: Must specify root for remote init command

BTW:  My PServer file contains this:

    RemoteInitRoot=/export/local/home/toolsadm/CVS_REPO

And yes, I did do a cvsnt login to this repository and it is saved in
~/.cvs/cvspass correctly.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Tom