[cvsnt] RCS format question

Fabio D'Alfonso fabio.dalfonso at fabiodalfonso.com
Tue Dec 16 12:17:09 GMT 2008

I am using the 2.5.03 on linux.
Is there a way to retain old format?

Thanks

Fabio D'Alfonso
'Your Partner in Business'
cell.  +39.348.059.40.22
web: www.fabiodalfonso.com
email: fabio.dalfonso at fabiodalfonso.com
fax: +39.06.874.599.581
-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Barrett [mailto:arthur.barrett at march-hare.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:38 PM
To: Fabio D'Alfonso; cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Subject: RE: [cvsnt] RCS format question

Fabio,

> I tried first yesterday to use a native cvsnt repository with
> bonsai and I
> got the following message:
>

> Unexpected parsing error in RCS file .
> Expected token: date, but saw: text
>

> Before starting any investigation I would know if the RCS format is
> different in native repositories, respect to the cvs 1.11 (it
> worked on a
> cvs 1.11 repository).

Yes - there was a recent thread about this - but I think it was on
gnu.cvs.help.

The short answer is that you should use the RCS programs that ship in
the CVSNT client installer (I think you need to do custom install to get
them) - they parse a CVSNT RCS file correctly.

Regards,

Arthur

database 3695 (20081216) __________

http://www.eset.com