[cvsnt] error regarding library not found

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Dec 22 20:18:26 GMT 2008

>    Today I installed CVSNT (server and clients) on Windows XP
> Pro SP 2.
.
.
.
>    Both ( client & server ) are version 2.5.05 build 3236.
.
.
.
>    Whatever client command I try, I receive the following error
>    cvs [operation aborted] couldn't open default trigger
> library: No such file or directory.

Did you install CLIENT first and SERVER second?  That is the correct
sequence.

The error is due to conflicting libraries (usually iconv) on your
system.

I didn't think this error could occur with 2.5.05 - let us know where
you find the conflicting library and it's relationship to your PATH.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett