[cvsnt] "C <filename>" vs "warning: conflict"

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Feb 6 08:38:59 GMT 2008

Andreas,

> the TortoiseCVS list that TortoiseCVS parses for a "C <filename>" but
> CVSNT seems to print "warning conflict" in certain circumstances.

The text "warning conflict" is not in the 2.5.03 or 2.5.04 source .

Can you provide a trace or the EXACT output?

The only thing similar I can find is in commit.cpp:
warning: file `%s' seems to still contain conflict indicators"

There is also this in rcscmds.cpp:
"rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge\n"

That occurs if the call to call_diff3 returns a status of 1.  that status
comes directly from diff3_run in diff/diff3.c and it seems to mean
'conflicts found'.