[cvsnt] Help with CVSNT configuration.

Gordon Boast gordon.boast at ieee.org
Sun Feb 10 16:46:08 GMT 2008

I run CVSNT (2.5.03 Build2382) with Windows XP Pro (SP2) and with multiple
logins. The various logins are to segregate personal activity from several
separate work areas. The CVS repository is in the root of the C drive
(C:\CVSRepository) and contains several modules -- all the files for a web
site, a collection files for project A, project B, etc. To date I have
accessed this repository through TortoiseCVS (1.10.1) exclusively in one of
the logins -- for a long time and with great success.

Now I need to access one of the modules from another one of the logins (same
machine). When I try to checkout the module to a sandbox, I always get a
window popping up asking about sending an error report with:   cvslock.exe
has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience.  (several event log entries are made with each error)

The actual checkout seems to complete, in that all of the files are
deposited into the sandbox folder and there is a CVS subfolder. But neither
the folder, nor any of its files are marked with the Tortoise status
indicators.

Can someone point me in the right direction with regard to setting up this
kind of access.

GoMar Gordo