[cvsnt] cvs server: cannot lock

Sushil Rai raisushil at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:37:30 GMT 2008

Hi All,

While issuing the command cvs commit -m "message", I am getting error
message

cvs server: cannot lock
`/u01/home/cvsroot/cvs/CVSREPO/10.92.125.57_161/UA5000GIPMB.cfg,v'.

This is a binary file, which is being added to the repository using command
"cvs add -kb UA5000GIPMB.cfg". I had already added lot of other binary
files, with similar name and content.

I have even tried to add the file again after removing it from the CVS
repository, but every time I am getting the same error (only with this
specfic file).

Please help, in finding the reason(s) from such errors.

Thanks

--
Sushil Rai