[cvsnt] Segfaults again

MusiMeli abc at chartFX.com
Fri Feb 15 12:58:26 GMT 2008

Hello!

I have still problems with segfaults (see news from 2007-11-30 ...).
You recommended to enable auditing.
In Bo Berglunds Auditing Tutorial
http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/CVSNTAuditing.html
he describes how to configure SQLite database on a Windows Server, using the
CVSNT control panel to create the tables.
How can I use/initialize SQLite on Debian?
Like described for Windows Server, I created an empty file
/mnt/raid/home/xy/sqlite/CVSNT

/etc/cvsnt/Plugins:
AuditTrigger=1

/etc/cvsnt/PServer:
**************
AuditDatabaseName= /mnt/raid/home/xy/sqlite/CVSNT
#  AuditDatabasePassword=
# AuditDatabaseUsername=

AuditDatabaseType=1    # 1 - Sqlite
# AuditDatabasePrefix=

AuditLogSessions=1       # All server connections/commands
AuditLogCommits=1       # Log changes due to commits
AuditLogDiffs=1             # Store diffs in commit log
AuditLogTags=1             # Log tagging operations
AuditLogHistory=1        # Log cvs history
***************

I also tried
AuditDatabasePassword=
AuditDatabaseUsername=

and
AuditDatabasePassword=pw
AuditDatabaseUsername=myuser   (... I never created a user 'myuser' - where
could I do this?!)

but I always get the following message when trying a simple diff-command
with WinCVS:
Audit trigger initialiasation failed: Open failed: Open failed

cvsnt server: Pre-command check failed

What is necessary to get SQLite working on Debian?
Or if it's better to use MySQL: How can I configure/create the tables in
MySQL?

Thanks in advance!
MusiMeli