[cvsnt] CVS 1.11 to CVSNT 2.5.03 Upgrade question.

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Feb 15 22:03:32 GMT 2008

David,

> We are considering a CVS V1.11.17-9 to CVSNT V2.5.03 upgrade
> on RHES4 Linux. In
>   going through the cvsnt eBook I am a little confused, on

Please contact CVS Suite support via the instructions in the front of
the ebook - there is a special e-mail address just for Suite users.

>   If not, once I de-install the old CVS, how and when do I
> make available to CVSNT V2.5.03,
>   the CVS V1.11 configuration files (from CVSROOT) and repository?

CVS Suite uses different configuration mechanisms to CVS 1.11,  you will
need to redefine the equivalent settings in /etc/cvsnt/Pserver (eg: in
CVS 1.11 the physical repository /usr/local/myrepo is the 'published'
name in the CVSROOT - but in CVSNT the 'published' /usr/local/myrepo
bears no relation to the physical repository which may be in
/opt/myrepo).

Regards,

Arthur Barrett