[cvsnt] Question about CVSNT and Unicode files

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Feb 19 20:23:31 GMT 2008

Bogdan,

> I'm pretty new to WinCVS/CVSNT, and I'm experiencing some
> problems with unicode files. I have some C3 source code in
> Unicode cs files, saved with codepage 1200. The problem is
> that When CVS commits the changes the file it makes a few
> changes (like adding  at the beginning of the file, and
> replacing some special Eastern Europen characters).

What 'special Eastern Europen characters' - can you send support at march-hare.com a sample file (the newsgroup does not support attachments)?  Only send the attachment to support at .... All other questions should go to this newsgroup.

The '' at the beginning is probably a BOM.

What -k options have you set on the file?  Do a 'cvs status filename' and/or 'cvs log filename' to find out.

Regards,

Arthur