[cvsnt] Keyboard input problem

Thorsten Schiller tschiller at ifhl.com
Thu Feb 28 19:28:15 GMT 2008

Arthur Barrett wrote:
> Thorsten,
>

>> Does anyone know if this is a known problem (preferably with a
>> resolution :p)?
>>

> I've not seen it and you didn't specify a version so I've no idea.  You
> can always specifcy cvs ci -m "" so the notepad doesn't come up and you
> are not asked the question.
>
> Regards,
>

> Arthur

We are using v2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 (client/server).

I'd be curious if anyone else can replicate this problem.  We are
encountering it on four windows xp boxes.  To quote from the original
e-mail:

We just recently started running CVSNT (Windows XP) with the :ssh:
protocol.  The problem I'm encountering is that if, for example, I try
to do a 'cvs commit' but then close notepad without editing the log
message, I can't enter anything at the "a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit,
!)reuse this message unchanged for remaining dirs" prompt.  It seems
like all stdin is ignored and all I'm able to do is CTRL-C to kill cvsnt.

Thorsten