[cvsnt] Problems creating a Repository

Brian b_antao_india at rediffmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:14:02 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to create a CVS repository on my local machine and access it
through
Eclipse.
I am running Windows Vista and down loaded CVSNT the latest release
available
for windows from the main site. But I am unable to run the CVSNT Control
panel
as Vista complains about Cpl legacy problems. is there a release of CVSNT
somewhere else for Windows Vista ?
Then when I try to create a new CVS repository it fails to register the
repository
it tells me that I do not have sufficient administrator priviledges to set
the server, even thought I am logged in as an administrator in Vista.
Then I created an un registered repository which I was able to. But then
this
un registered repository I am not able to access from Eclipse.
I tried cvsservice to install the unregistered repository but it complaints
that I
do not have administrator priviledges.
This is my own local machine, that I have just installed CVSNT and I am the
only one using the CVS.
Do I have to be an administrator within CVS ?

Thank You, Please also reply back to me.
Sincerely,
    -- Brian