[cvsnt] How do you remove leftover locks?

Van Quakebeke, Joseph A Joe.VanQuakebeke at ingenix.com
Mon Jan 7 17:20:56 GMT 2008

All;
    Current Server setup:
        RHEL 5
        CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
	  Windows Clients using TortoiseCVS 1.8.31

    I have a user who was doing a cvs remove and commit, which they
killed it (abort button in Tortoise) when the commit took too long (> 15
mins).  He then tried it again and got the message that he had a lock on
quite a few files.  I thought you could remove leftover locks by
restarting the lock server, but apparently, I was wrong because the
locks still persist.

    So, how do I remove these left over locks?  There are no #cvs.lock
files in repo, not that I expect to see those with this version of
CVSNT.

 Thanks in Advance,
Joe