[cvsnt] CVS Rename and Tag problem

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jan 9 20:25:09 GMT 2008

Tim,

> cvs -ttt ci -m "rename" > ..\rename-log.txt  2> ..\rename-err.txt

I misread my own instuctions?  OK - yes.  You are seeing a different
problem now: the commit is not 'recognising' that a rename has been
performed.  You should be seeing what you saw before:

D:/CVSRep/OPSTEST/SDLC/CVSSDLC/SAS/Define/test2/.directory_history,v
		done

Can you try again with TortoiseCVS and see if you get this message on
commit.

If you do get the message try and work out what is different in my
sequence and the TortoiseCVS sequence.

If you do not get this message with TortoiseCVS then try and remember
what has changed between then and now.

Tony and I are currently looking into why the commit may ignore the
rename but we haven't worked it out yet...

Regards,

Arthur