[cvsnt] Trying to implement commit template

Matthew Rich mbrich2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 19:47:36 GMT 2008

I have been reading up on the use of the rcsinfo file and have been trying to get it to work.  I want to be able to have a template appear when anyone tries to commit. Is this supported in CVSNT?
I can get it to work if I copy the template file under the CVS directory but this is not very optimum.  Am I missing some thing?

This is what I hav in my rcsinfo file:

CVSROOT  $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/tc.template
DEFAULT  $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/tc.template

I have tried with different paths (i.e. c:/myCVS/repo/CVSROOT/tc.template)  Nothing works unless I copy the file under the cvs dir in my sandbox.

I'm running this on my local machine to test this before implementing on the company CVS server.

CVSNT server 2.5.03

Thanks