[cvsnt] modules2 bug?

Alexey Panchenko alex.panchenko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 03:23:11 GMT 2008

Hi,

I was trying to use modules2 feature to create "virtual" modules to
automatically checkout library modules with the main project.

[CashregApp]
/ = _CASHREG
avpack = Delphi

it checkouts the main application and the specified library.

Unfortunately, it tries to checkout some extra not existent directories:
cvs server: cannot open directory /Repository/Delphi/Base/avpack: No
such file or directory
cvs server: skipping directory avpack/Base/avpack
cvs server: cannot open directory /Repository/Delphi/HTML/avpack: No
such file or directory
cvs server: skipping directory avpack/HTML/avpack

The directory structure under Delphi is:
Base
Base\DBObjects
Base\DBObjects\SQL
Base\IBLogin
Design
HTML
Resources
Tests
Tests\AVTools
Tests\IntArray
Tests\KeyValueMap
Tests\StrTools
Tests\VarTools

If i create virtual module with different names:

[CashregX]
/ = _CASHREG
X = Delphi

Everything work as intended without errors.

cvs version (I was testing with stable 2.5.3 too - it works the same).
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 2911
(Release Candidate 2) (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 2911
(Release Candidate 2) (client/server)
OS is Windows 2000 sp4

What am I doing wrong? or is it a bug with modules2?

Thanks,
Alex