[cvsnt] Windows domain accounts

Estelle Carr estellecarr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:41:41 GMT 2008

Hi,
I'm using CVSNT 2.5.03 on a Windows server, and until now I've been
setting up local windows user accounts and adding entries to the
passwd file as follows:

    alias::username

Users can then login to CVS as 'alias' and change their password.

I now want to start using the Windows domain accounts instead. So I
added an entry to the passwd file as follows:

    alias::domain\username

However, when I try to login as 'alias' the CVS client says:

    Fatal error, aborting.
    cvs [login aborted]: domain\username: no such user

This user is definitely a domain user, as I can login to the server with it.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Many Thanks,
Estelle