[cvsnt] cvsnt server on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

William E. Linn wlinn at linnsoft.com
Wed Jul 2 04:30:39 BST 2008

Here's what I get:

quadmac:~ wlinn$ grep cvspserve /etc/services
cvspserver      2401/udp    # cvspserver
cvspserver      2401/tcp    # cvspserver
quadmac:~ wlinn$ cat /etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver service cvspserver {
	disable = no
	socket_type	= stream
	wait		= no
	user		= root
	server		= /usr/bin/cvsnt
	server_args	= authserver
	groups		= yes
	flags		= REUSE IPv6
	mdns		= no	# Lockserver handles mdns broadcast
}
quadmac:~ wlinn$ telnet localhost 2401
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused Trying fe80::1...
telnet: connect to address fe80::1: Connection refused Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

I did a fresh install of cvsnt, rebooted, tried to telnet again and got the
same three connection refused messages.

Regards,

Bill