[cvsnt] Workspace manager could not find Application Loader?

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:58:35 BST 2008

> "Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1320.1212493079.1277.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
>
> It's not the installer - if you use the 'bin' package it'll work
> provided everything is in one directory or on the PATH.  WM needs every
> CVSNT DLL to work correctly (except if you are using SSPI you don't need
> PSERVER etc).  WMfree is an example of how to call the CVSNT API - hence
> you need the entire API.  To avoid DLL hell all CVSNT programs check the
> version of the DLL on startup, so CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 will not load CVSNT
> 2.5.03.2383 DLLs.  In 2.5.04 the signature is also checked as explained
> in the release notes.

Ok - i went back to some tests and discovered a few things.

CVSNT 2.5.04.3055 build:
I downloaded the precompiled bins without installer, and extracted them to
c:\cvstest maintaing the same directory structure as stored in the zip.
However, the precompiled bins do not include the WorkspaceManager.  If I
extract the Workspace Manager from the CVS Suite Client Trial install.msi
and copy it over to c:\cvstest, I get the err msg "Could not find
Application Loader. Check your installation".  If I copy everything into a
flat directory structure, including the WorkspaceManager, I still get the
same err msg.

EVS Client a1 b2882
I donloaded the client install (the link to the windows binary without
installer is disabled) and extracted all the files from the msi to
c:\evstest.  If I try to run the WMFree exe in the Suite Tools, I get an
error msg whining about missing dlls.  So I copied all files into the
SuiteTools directory and manage to launch WMFree, but when I try to view the
contents of a repo, I get the following err msg:

Executing: C:\evstest\ENTERP~1\cvs.exe --utf8 -z3 -d
:sspi:Bacchus:2401:/Repo rlsacl -d .
audit_trigger error (session): Data too long for column 'Client' at row 1

Audit trigger initialiasation failed:

cvs rlsacl: Pre-command check failed

Process exited with code 1

Any ideas what else I can try?  My server is running CVSNT 2.5.03.2382 with
auditing enabled.

Ideally, I'm trying to get the WM to work on its own so that we can use it
without worrying about conflicts with the client version of cvs that is
installed on our systems.

Thanks,

Eric