[cvsnt] Out of memory on checkout

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Jun 5 21:40:30 BST 2008

Matthew,

> Yea we are looking at the LINUX option.  But my question is
> if it is the runtime C issue, why just on the one branch and
> not all branches and HEAD.  I have a back up copy of the
> archive to see if there was a corruption.

The microsoft bug occurs when the same memory is reallocated many times - it will occur when the same memory is reallocated enough times to trigger the bug.

The only way 100% to check for corruption is to check out each revision, however doing a 'cvs rlog' on the file does perform a minimal amount of testing.

Regards,

Arthur