[cvsnt] restoration of old repository to a new one

Soumen Biswas soumen.biswas at avisere.com
Tue Jun 10 08:50:15 BST 2008

Hello,

I have a CVSNT server running in Windows 2003 server. It is working
properly. We normally access cvs server from eclipse ide. Now I have
installed CVSNT server in MAC OSX server ( Tiger ).

In MAC CVSNT server , all our 4 repositories are working fine. But
there is  some problem i have ever face , i discuss:

1. There was a particular project having different tag name in my old
cvs server.
2. How can I restore repository from old Windows 2003 server  to new
MAC Server ?
3. When I copy/transfer  the repository folder from old server to new
server , the tags are not properly copying. So that I am getting
error when "refreshing tag"  .

4. Another way , I think all the projects will be checked out with
all tags and then commit to new server; But I am unable to checkout
repositories with all tags.
5. How Can I checkout project from old cvs server ( Win 2003 ) and
commit to new cvs server ( MAC ), so that tags remain unchanged.

I am in great trouble. Please guide me.

soumen

Activated by Avisere,

Soumen Biswas
Senior Quality Support & System Administrator
Avisere

+91 94343 16667
soumen.biswas at avisere.com
www.avisere.com