[cvsnt] import statement just hangs

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Wed Jun 11 04:19:30 BST 2008

OK, I've installed 2.5.04 recently. I have a new project I want to have its
own repository.
So I edit my c:\windows\system32\drives\etc\hosts and add "127.0.0.1
CVS_DBXML"

Then I do

bash-3.2$ cvs -d :pserver:siegfried:topsecret at CVS_DBXML/CVSNT/DBXML login
Logging in to :pserver:siegfried at cvs_dbxml:2401:/CVSNT/DBXML
bash-3.2$ pwd
/c/dev/sandboxes/DBXML

Now I run Visual Studio 2005 to create a simple console mode project, I
compile the project and then clean and exit visual studio. My source code is
now in C:\dev\sandboxes\DBXML\DBXMLDumpLoad\DBXMLDumpLoad Whew! That is a
lot of sub directories!

bash-3.2$ cvs -d :pserver:siegfried:X88bsl07 at CVS_DBXML/CVSNT/DBXML import
-Cd DBXML root trunk

I've been waiting for a long time now. I think it is hung.
Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?

Thanks,
Siegfried