[cvsnt] commit of -kB file gives error message in cvsdelta.cpp

David Buntin dbuntin at econtrols.com
Tue Mar 4 22:13:35 GMT 2008

Arthur,

I have been searching the archives and found this thread. We are
experiencing a similar problem. We have a number of files that report the
following error when we attempt to checkout an old revision:

cvs update -P -d -r 1.1 -- big_binary_test.xls (in directory
C:\dev\Test_Module_B)
cvs [server aborted]: received abort signal
cvs: cvsdelta.cpp:558: bool cvsdelta::patch(const ByteArray&, const
ByteArray&, ByteArray&): Assertion `pos+len<=file1.size()' failed.

You mention an update (2.5.04) with a cvsdelta fix is coming soon. Do you
know if it will fix this problem too?

Thanks,
David Buntin