[cvsnt] 2.5.04 stable / feedback on Vista and W2008?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Mar 25 10:16:29 GMT 2008

Andreas,

> Which GCC version are you going to use for the Unix versions?

GCC is the linux compiler (we are currently using it on Solaris, but I hope to switch to the native Solaris C/C++ compiler soon, though probably not for this release).  Mac OS X uses a modified gcc and HPUX uses aCC.

Since the open source builds are done on red hat 9, it'll be the same compiler as last time.  SuSE will be on GCC 3.3 I think.  If more recent runtimes are installed on the target they will be used automatically of course.

Is there any significant reason to use a newer version?

Regards,

Arthur Barrett