[cvsnt] Switch to user failed due to configuration error
John den Haan
john at NOSPAM.chello.nl
Fri Mar 28 21:17:48 GMT 2008
Glen Starrett schreef:
>> CVS runs as client user, the default setting.
> Did you restart your server after installing CVSNT? That's the only
> other thing that I can think of offhand (and it's the solution for the
> last time I recall seeing this...)
> Follow that thread if it doesn't work out (e.g. check the system account
> privileges, etc.)
No luck. Here's what I did step-by-step:
- Install CVSNT, leave all settings default
- Create test-repository
- Disable pserver
- Generate key files for sserver
- Create new system user cvsuser
- Add cvsuser to group 'Administrators'
- set cvsroot=:sserver:localhost:/test
- cvs login (login with system credentials)
- cvs passwd -a -r cvsuser testuser
- set cvsroot=:sserver:testuser at localhost:/test
- cvs login
At this point, I am presented with the following:
Fatal error, aborting.
cvs [login aborted]: cvsuser: Switch to user failed due to configuration
Contact your System Administrator.
Maybe this will help you identify my problem? Maybe there's something
wrong with the process I'm going through?
More information about the cvsnt