[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the repository

Tuan tusergroup at gmail.com
Sat May 10 03:22:45 BST 2008

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 09 May 2008 13:33:41 -0400, Tuan <tusergroup at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know why I am getting this message and how I can fix it?  I
>> checked out a module from my repository and when I try to add a file to
>> the repository I get the following message returned to me and the
>> command is aborted:
>>
>> cvs [server aborted]: "add" requires write access to the repository
>>
>> I am using Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build
>> 2382 (client/server) with SmartCVS Foundation 6.0.7 as the client GUI
>> front end.
>
> Obviously you don't have write access to the repository module where
> you tried to add the file....
>
> HTH
>
> /Bo
> (Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)
Can you elaborate on this?  I am a member of the cvs group that has
read/write/execute permission on the directory.  I also set up
read,write,create,tag,control using cvs chacl.  What else am I
forgetting here?  I also created a writers file and put my name in it
and that didn't seem to do anything as well.