[cvsnt] Upgrade from CVSNT 2.0.51d to CVSNT 2.5.03 2382 - Invalid RCS Flags

Sean Bertinotti lystakata at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:30:47 BST 2008

Hi All,

We have been running CVSNT 2.0.51d and TortoiseCVS 1.8.32 for some time
witt no problems. Recently we decided to build a dedicated machine for
our CVS as software development has grown in the company. It also seems
like a good reason to upgrade to the latest version installed by
TortoiseCVS 1.10.6 (CVSNT 2.5.03 2382). I have removed the old CVSROOT
and let CVSNT 2.5.03 create a new one.

The problem now though is some modules cannot be checked out as I get an
error half way through stating:

cvs server: invalid RCS expansion flags
Valid flags are one of:
t       Text file (default)
b       Binary file (merges not allowed).
B       Binary file using binary deltas (merges not allowed).
u       Unicode (UCS-2) file with BOM.
{encoding}      Extended encoding type
Followed by any of:
c       Force reserved edit.
x       Force exclusive edit.
k       Substitute keyword.
v       Substiture value.
l       Generate lockers name.
s       File is static (requires commit -f to change).
L       Generate Unix style line endings on checkout.
D       Generate DOS style line endings on checkout.
M       Generate MAC style line endings on checkout.
o       Don't change keywords.
z       Compress deltas within RCS files.
1       Only store a single revision in the file.
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

I had a look at the file and the only kopt options are kv. Please help I
would hate to have to stay with an older version. Is it not possible to
upgrade from this version 2.0.51d. If I move the module back to clean
install of 2.0.51d they still work, so doesn't this rule out corruption.

Please help with best advice to upgrade to 2.5.03

Regards,
Sean Bertinotti