[cvsnt] Checking in Older versions

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue May 27 21:38:10 BST 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 17:11:24 +0530, "Sanjeev, Neeraja (GE Infra,
Energy)" <neeraja.sanjeev at ge.com> wrote:

>Hi Bo,
>
>I understand the revisioning. But sometimes you have made changes and
>checked in. Now you want to revert the changes  you have made and work
>with older version.
>
>In that case how we need to proceed further?

You can do the following manual steps:
- Save the edited file somewhere outside the sandbox
- Then delete the file in the sandbox
- Then update and reset sticky tags:
  cvs update -A
- Then copy back the file you saved above into the sandbox
- Finally commit the file

Now you have accomplished to put the new file as the latest revision
in the repository and you can continue to work with it.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)